Friday, July 27, 2012

New Words for All


Hello all, So today I would like to introduce some new words that I have heard recently, and would like to enter the mainstream. Yes, like in Mean Girls, I am trying to make fetch happen, but let’s give it a shot anyway. 

Voluntold (v) To be volunteered for something, possibly against your will, definitely when you do not have a choice. Often used in families.
Sentence: I was voluntold to pick my sister up from the airport.
Provided by Cynthia 

Facebook First Responder (n) Someone who comments on your facebook status before you are even sure that it has posted.
I had just uploaded my photo when Stacey told me that she liked my haircut. She is such a facebook first responder.
Provided by Julia H. 

Gardening Stigmata (n) Not to be sacrilegious, but you know how sometimes you hurt your hands doing yard work, and it may or may not make your hands look like the hands of The Lord.
Sentence: Person 1: Are you the savior? Person 2: No, I’ve just been weeding. Person 1: Oh. Gardening stigmata.
(Sorry Mom!) Provided by Brent

Toolbox (n) Someone who is such a tool, that being called just one tool simply will not suffice.
Sentence: That toolbox stole my parking spot and cheated on my sister.
Provided by me

1 comment:

  1. *like* comment provided by facebook first responder

    ReplyDelete